I’ve been using electric scooters for awhile now and I have to say, they are fun to ride.
They’re nifty little modes of transportation with the ability to run for hours without having to be recharged. I own the Mi Electric Scooter and on a good day i get about 18-20 miles on a single charge depending on how fast i go, which is pretty reasonable considering the size of the scooter.
But, single motor scooters are great if you’re a beginner, you’re going to want something with a little more oomph to it and the only answer to that is a powerful dual motor electric scooter. These beasts are FAST! Like for real! They offer high-speeds and impressive torque (not to forget the high price-tags) that can get your heart racing every time you go out for a ride.
If you’re looking to buy a dual motor electric scooter then you’re at the right place. I’ll take you through what according to me are the best dual motor scooters in the market, what they’re capable of and where you can get your hands on them.
|Top 8 Best Dual Motor Electric Scooters||Features|
|WideWheel Dual Motor Scooter||Motor: 500W x 2;|
Battery: 8.8Ah Li-ion;
Top Speed: 25+ mph
|Hiboy Titan Pro Electric Scooter||Motor: 1200W x 2;|
Battery: 17.5mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 32kmph
|Kaabo Mantis 10||Motor: 1000W x 2;|
Battery: 24.5mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 40mph
|Jue Shuai X60||Motor: 3200W x 2;|
Battery: 35mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 50mph
|Fieabor Q08P Series Scooter||Motor: 1200W x 2;|
Battery: 27mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 70kmph
|Unagi Model One||Motor: 250W x 2;|
Battery: 9000mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 20mph
|Widewheel W6 Dual Motor Scooter||Motor: 1000W x 2;|
Battery: 23.4mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 40mph
|Nanrobot D6+||Motor: 1000W x 2;|
Battery: 26mAh Li-ion;
Top Speed: 40mph
Recommended Read: Useful Scooter Accessories
Top 8 Best Dual Motor Electric Scooters
Owning a dual motor electric scooter is not for the faint of heart. They can be a little too powerful for everyone to handle and though they come with large motors that do the job, they’re something you must not consider a toy.
These scooters are built to cover large distances at great speeds without compromising on comfort. They have larger batteries to drive these monster motors and are capable of getting you up pretty steep hills.
Here are the Best Dual Motor Electric Scooters in varying price ranges. No matter which model you choose, I’d suggest that you get enough practice on a single motor scooter before upgrading.
Oh, and always wear a helmet!
WideWheel Dual Motor Scooter
This electric scooter from Espeed boasts of large dual 500W motors that let you conquer any slope with ease. It’s a great scooter if you’re looking for something comfortable and perfect for daily commuting. The scooter boasts of the ability to cover more distance in less time.
It comes in a nice black shade and the frame is made from aluminum allowing it to be light and powerful at the same time. The WideWheel kick scooter is perfect for adults who are looking to go places.
- The WideWheel dual motor electric scooter has two 48V 500W motors that are capable of achieving speeds of 25+ miles per hour.
- It is powered by a high efficiency 8.8Ah Li-ion battery which can last for anywhere from 20 miles to 30 miles on a single charge (depending on the riding conditions). With a quick charger, this scooter can be recharged to full capacity within 6 hours.
- With extra wide airless wheels and dual suspension, the WideWheel guarantees a comfortable ride, even on bumpy roads.
- This scooter is crafted from an aluminum alloy and comes in black making it look sleek, a definite head turner.
- The WideWheel is a foldable scooter making it easier to store and transport. Simply unlock the shaft and fold it downwards so you can carry it on board a train or place it in the boot of your car.
- Loaded with electronics, it comes with LED front and rear lights, cruise control and a display mounted on the handlebar that shows your current stats.
|Motor Power||48V 500W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||8.8Ah Li-ion Battery|
|Top Speed / Range||25+ miles per hour / 20-30 miles|
|Weight / Weight Limit||46.9lbs / 220 lbs|
Hiboy Titan Pro Electric Scooter
Hiboy is one of the most sought after electric scooter brands that is known for its durable and high-performance scooters. Their Titan Pro is a powerful scooter that’s been designed for adults and is equipped with a high-performance dual motor that’s capable of churning out 1200W of power.
It’s a comfortable scooter with a wide enough footboard and off-roading tires that let you tackle a rougher than usual piece of terrain with ease. We enjoyed using this scooter as it was fast, safe to ride and is able to carry a rider who weighs up to 286lbs.
- This scooter is equipped with dual 1200W motors that’s able to churn out a max of 2400W at a time. Each motor is situated within the wheels of the scooter and allows you to hit a maximum speed of 32kmph.
- It runs on a 48V, 17.5mAh Li-ion battery that will last for up to 40 miles on a single charge. The scooter comes with an external charging cable that lets you easily recharge the battery at home.
- It uses off-road tires and a front and rear suspension set up that lets you travel over rough terrain with ease.
- What we really loved about this scooter is the fact that it’s foldable and takes hardly 4-5 seconds for the scooter to be folded so it can be stored in your car trunk.
|Motor Power||1200W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||48V, 17.5mAh|
|Top Speed/Range||32kmph / 40km|
|Weight/ Weight Limit||52.4lbs / 286lbs|
Kaabo Mantis 10
The Kaabo mantis 10 is a high-performance electric scooter that’s on a totally different level as compared to any other electric scooter with dual motors. This beast of a scooter can hit top speeds of 40+ miles per hour while being comfortable and easy to ride.
There’s no chance that you’d want any other scooter once you’ve taken a test ride on this bad boy. It has an impressive range of travel and uses hydraulic brakes for a safer experience. Apart from being costly and heavier than others in the same segment, the Mantis 10 will always remain to be one of the best dual motor electric scooters out there.
- The Mantis 10 uses two 1000W brushless motors to attain max speeds of up to 40 miles per hour. With both the motors working in tandem, you can climb any hill with ease.
- It comes equipped with swing arm spring suspensions for both the front and rear tires for an incredibly smooth ride even on bumpy/dug up roads or trails. The non-flat 10” pneumatic tires add extra softness to the scooter making it the smoothest scooter of its kind.
- Powering the Mantis 10 is a 60V 24.5Ah battery that gives the scooter a total riding range of 30+ miles on a single charge. The battery is by far one of the best mentioned in this list.
- Apart from the ability to be an extremely powerful scooter, the Mantis 10 has a smart protection system, these are; Over current Protection, Overcharge Protection, Over-discharge Protection, Braking Protection, Short-circuit Protection, Pre-discharge, Voltage Balance, Temperature Protection, Fault Warning and Power Device Fault Protection.
|Motor Power||1000W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||60V 24.5Ah|
|Top Speed / Range||40 miles per hour / 35 miles|
|Weight / Weight Limit||65lbs / 264 lbs|
Jue Shuai X60
The X60 is a dual motor electric scooter that is equipped with 3200W dual motors that let the scooter attain maximum speeds of up to 50 miles per hour. Under the hood you have a super large 18650 60V 35Ah battery allowing you to ride for over 75 miles on a single charge.
This scooter is built to be rugged and waterproof so that it can be used in multiple locations and scenarios. It can be folded in less than 5 seconds and placed in the cupboard, closet, boot of your car, practically anywhere you want.
- This scooter is equipped with an upgraded LCD display that provides the necessary information that’s needed while riding such as the speed, range, battery life, set the riding conditions or change the mode.
- It’s made up of an aluminum iron alloy making it rugged and strong. This scooter won’t bend or break and can bear a maximum weight of 440lbs at a single time. The body is built to be long lasting and will easily be corroded by rain or weather conditions.
- The motors on the scooter are 3200W and are powered by a large 60V 35Ah battery that gives you the push you’re looking for.
|Motor Power||3200W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||60V 35Ah|
|Top Speed / Range||50 miles per hour / 75 miles|
|Weight / Weight Limit||121lbs / 440 lbs|
Fieabor Q08P Series Scooter
Fieabor scooters are made in China and are some of the fastest scooters on this list. This particular model, the Q08P electric scooter comes equipped with a rather large lithium battery and dual high-performance hub motors that make it suitable for commuting to work, across the country or just for a simple ride down to the park.
It’s a unique scooter that comes with a detachable seat allowing you to either stand and ride or be seated. I would recommend this scooter mainly because it’s very stable and there are less chances of falling down.
- The scooter is equipped with two 1200W hub motors that are situated within the front and rear wheel. These motors in tandem can push you to a speed of 70kmph which is pretty impressive for an electric scooter.
- It runs on a 60V 27mAh Samsung Lithium battery that provides the scooter with a total traveling range of 60-80km depending on the speed and this battery also features built-in overcharge and overcurrent protection.
- The Fleabor scooter offers a more sensitive and quicker breaking response as compared to other scooters we have tried and tested. It’s also equipped with hydraulic shock absorbers at the front that help maintain balance and help you have a smooth ride.
- It’s a foldable scooter and can be easily stored within your car’s trunk so you can carry it anywhere you go.
|Motor Power||1200W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||60V, 27mAh|
|Top Speed/Range||70kmph / 60-80km|
|Weight/ Weight Limit||84lbs / 440lbs|
Unagi Model One
The Unagi Model One is not like the other scooters on this list, they come with rather smaller dual 250W motors which allows you to power up a hill with ease. With the Model One you can zip around faster than any single motor scooter on the roads today. It has a sleek design and comes with a clear display, headlights and even an electric sounding horn.
This scooter is more than just a pretty face as it is capable of reaching speeds of up to 20 miles per hour. The 7.5” wheels guarantee a smooth ride no matter the terrain.
- The Model One features a dual braking system, the front and rear brakes are anti-locking and the rear brake is a foot brake. You can see yourself come to a screeching halt within 4-5 meters.
- Made from a mix of carbon fiber, aluminum and magnesium alloy, the Model One is lightweight at 26lbs and can sustain a maximum load of 280lbs.
- The shaft of the scooter has a switch that allows you to fold it in half.
- Powered by a high-performance 9000mAh Li-ion battery, the scooter can cover a maximum range of 15.5 miles on a single charge and will take roughly 4-5 hours for it to get recharged.
|Motor Power||250W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||9000mAh Li-ion Battery|
|Top Speed / Range||20 miles per hour / 15.5 miles|
|Weight / Weight Limit||26lbs / 280 lbs|
Widewheel W6 Dual Motor Electric Scooter
The Widewheel W6 scooter is another high-end product from the house of Widewheel. This scooter comes with some pretty impressive features, a pair of large and powerful hub motors, disc brakes and more.
This outstanding electric scooter is fast, equipped with 10” tires and can be easily folded into half its size so you can store or transport the scooter wherever you like. What’s more, the W6 is even equipped with a multifunctional driving system that allows you to easily adjust and maintain different speeds depending on the traffic and where you are.
- This electric scooter runs on dual 1000W hub motors that churn out a max of 2000W peak power thanks to the high-performance DC motors. It’s been known to reach a max top speed of 40mph no matter the terrain.
- Under the floor-board you will find the 23.4mAh lithium battery that is able to provide you with around 50 miles on a single charge which is ideal for covering long distances.
- The W6 has been made from high-quality components that ensure you’re safe at all times. The brakes and tires are reliable and highly responsive and with a wider floor deck you can stand comfortably and maintain your balance.
|Motor Power||1000W x 2|
|Top Speed/Range||40mph / 50mph|
|Weight/ Weight Limit||84lbs / 330lbs|
Nanrobot D6 +
The Nanrobot D6 + is a high speed adult electric folding scooter that houses an impressively large 2000W motor. It’s a decent looking scooter with nice curves giving it a premium feel. It comes with an array of electronics and even uses EBS hydraulic brakes for a safer riding experience.
Designed for comfort, the D6 + uses hydraulic spring shock absorbers along with fill size 10” pneumatic tires which can handle any kind of terrain without breaking a sweat.
- The scooter is powered by a large capacity 52V 26Ah Li-ion battery pack that provides you with a riding range of around 50 miles on a single charge. This scooter comes equipped with two charging ports and takes about 5-10 hours for the battery to get charged.
- It uses two high-performance 1000W motors that can take you up a steep hill quickly and easily. The scooter can touch a top speed of 40 miles per hour and comes with a feature that lets you choose if you want to use a single motor or both at the same time.
- The D6 + is equipped with front and rear EBS hydraulic disc brakes that can effectively shorten your braking distance down to a few meters.
- Made from an aluminum alloy, the D6 + is not only waterproof but even lightweight and capable of carrying riders who weigh up to 330lbs.
|Motor Power||1000W x 2|
|Battery Capacity||26Ah Li-ion Battery|
|Top Speed / Range||40 miles per hour / 35-45 miles|
|Weight / Weight Limit||77lbs / 330 lbs|
While single motor electric scooters are great to learn on, dual motor scooters are for those adrenaline junkies who can’t get enough speed. These are some of the best dual motor scooters in the market and though they’re expensive to own, they are some of the best scooters money can buy.
In my opinion, the Mantis 10 and Nanrobot D6 + are far better than the rest. If you’re interested then i’d suggest you try out the scooter before picking it up. Get a feel of it and see if it’s capable of taking you places a traditional single motor scooter could not.