Which Electric Tricycle is worth to buy
Electric Tricycles also known as “Trikes” offer you additional comfort and balance apart from being environmentally safe to use. They have been around for a while and are gaining popularity as a means of transportation.
They offer you numerous benefits from being ideal for commuting, they’re cost-effective, most come with a basket for your belongings and as they run on an electric motor.
There are many brands that manufacture Electric Tricycles and choosing the right one is a challenge. To save you the hassle of searching for the right Trike, I’ve carefully handpicked the best in the market right now.
Here are the Best Electric Tricycles you can buy today.
- PFIFF Grazia-Bosch Electric Tricycle
- Addmotor Motan Electric Tricycle
- E-Wheels EW-29 Trike
- Viribus 3 Electric Tricycle
- Burch Electric Fat Tire Trike
- Bintelli Trio Electric Tricycle
Best Electric Tricycle
The major difference between a traditional tricycle and an electric tricycle is that the latter is equipped with a powerful motor and battery that lets you travel longer distances without breaking a sweat.
Before we get into the best electric tricycles in the market, let me take you through why you should consider buying an electric tricycle.
Here are the top 6 Best Electric Tricycles:
|Best Electric Tricycle||Specifications||Link|
|PFIFF Grazia-Bosch||Motor:400W Bosch|
Battery:36V 11Ah Li-ion
Top Speed: 15 mph
Range: 30-35 miles
|Check it out on Amazon|
|Addmotor Motan||Motor:750W |
Top Speed: 23 mph
Range: 55 miles
|Check it out on Amazon|
Top Speed: 10-15 mph
Range: 20 miles
|Check it out on Amazon|
|Viribus 3||Motor:250W |
Battery:36V 10Ah Li-ion
Top Speed: 18-25 mph
Range: 18-20 miles
|Check it out on Amazon|
|Burch e-Trike||Motor:500W |
Top Speed: 20 mph
Range: 35 miles
|Check it out on Amazon|
|Bintelli Trio||Motor:500W |
Battery:48V 10Ah Li-ion
Top Speed: 20 mph
Range: 30 miles
|Check it out Online|
PFIFF Grazia-Bosch Electric Tricycle
One of the most powerful electric tricycles in the market is the PFIFF Grazia-Bosch. It comes with some pretty impressive features making your ride more comfortable while providing extra stability.
This trike is one of a kind and was designed to be perfect for adults and seniors. It’s very easy to use, comes with a large battery and is equipped with large 24″ wheels. While the PFIFF Grazia-Bosch trike is ideal for all, it’s pretty expensive making it hard to own one without breaking your bank.
- This tricycle comes with a 400W Bosch motor that’s positioned in the middle and allows you to travel up to speeds of 15 miles per hour.
- Powering the tricycle is a 36V 11Ah Li-ion battery that can be easily charged and wold provide you with a total range of 30-35 miles miles on a single charge. This is perfect if you’re heading out of town as you wouldn’t have to charge the trike often as compared to other tricycles in this category.
- This electric tricycle is made from heavy duty welded steel and coated in anti-corrosive paint. It comes with a rear basket for your baggage and is also capable of carrying a total weight of 265lbs at a time, so it’s great for heavy adults and if you got a lot of bags to carry.
|Powered by a high-performance 400W Bosch mid position motor and a large capacity 36V 11Ah battery||Very expensive|
|Long range of 30-35 miles on a single charge|
|Equipped with Shimano V brakes on the front and coaster brakes for the back tire|
Addmotor Motan Electric Tricycle
The Motan electric trike from Addmotor is designed to be comfortable and durable. It matches the capabilities of a good electric mountain bike but the only difference is there’s an extra third wheel on the Addmotor.
These oversized wheels add stability to the trike and offer impeccable handling over pot-holes and off-road trails, something you won’t get from a bicycle or scooter.
- The Addmotor Motan comes with a high spoke count that improves the durability of the wheels. The front wheel of the trike is equipped with a disc brake so you can stop faster, making it safer even while traveling at high speeds.
- Its frame is made from durable 6061 aluminum alloy that keeps the overall weight of the trike to a minimum.
- The trike runs on a powerful 750W motor that’s powered by a removable 48V battery that lets you travel at a top speed of 23 miles per hour and can cover a distance of up to 55 miles while using the Pedal-Assist mode.
- It also features a 5” LED display that comes built into the handlebar of the trike.
|Comes with 4” wheels, a complete suspension system and a durable aluminum frame.||Average sized Storage Baskets|
|Uses a large 750W motor and 48V battery for higher speeds, allowing you to cover up to 55 miles on a single charge.||Quite expensive|
|Equipped with a bright 5” LED display|
E-Wheels EW-29 Trike
This electric trike is the perfect choice for those looking to take a trip to the grocery store or simply travel around town. It comes with a low step-through frame that makes it easier to mount the tricycle and guarantees an unmatched comfort level thanks to the oversized seat and backrest, making it seem like you’re sitting on a couch.
- The E-Wheels Trike features a powerful 500W motor that offers a peak power output of 750W allowing you to travel up to 20 miles on a single charge while touching a top speed of 15 miles per hour.
- It features an extremely large wire frame basket situated at the rear of the trike and an additional basket at the front allowing you to carry all your groceries in one go.
- There’s an LED light on the handlebars for night riding and even comes with an electric horn to signal those around you.
- The frame is made from reinforced steel allowing you to carry a total of 400lbs on the trike at a time.
|Large seat with back-rest for a comfortable riding experience||Top speed is relatively low and limited to 10.5mph-15mph|
|Large front and rear baskets for carrying items||Not built for off-road travels|
|Equipped with a LED light, Electric horn and Fenders|
Viribus 3 Electric Tricycle
The Viribus 3 electric trike is an adult electric tricycle that comes with a removable battery, step-down frame and large basket making it great to use while traveling and shopping. These trikes are designed to offer superior safety, stability and comfort.
- The Viribus is a safe to use trike that features a carbon-steel frame, fork and chassis for ultimate durability. It even comes with a front and rear braking system for a safer experience while commuting in traffic.
- It features a high-elasticity seat that provides a cushioned and adjustable ride. The swept-back handlebars allow you to have a laid-back touring feel.
- This trike comes with an efficient and powerful 250W motor that is powered by a large 36V 10A lithium battery allowing you to travel at speeds of 18-25 miles per hour while letting you cover distances of 18-20 miles on a single charge.
- There are 3 riding modes, you can choose to pedal, or ride with pedal-assist and finally you can combine both to have a complete electric experience with the throttle mode.
|Convenient Cargo space||Due to the weight and size, the trike will be shipped in two pieces rather than a single unit.|
|Powerful 250W motor offering a mileage of 18-20 miles on a single charge|
|Equipped with 3 riding modes for easier traveling experience|
Burch Electric Fat Tire Trike
The Burch fat tire trike is a high performance electric tricycle that’s built for adults and teens. This trike uses three unique fat tires allowing you to ride on city streets and even across trails with ease.
This trike is designed to let you haul supplies or carry your pet wherever you want to go.
- This trike runs on a powerful 500W motor that is powered by a 48V battery allowing you to cruise at a top speed of 20 miles per hour and to travel at a top speed of 35 miles on a single charge.
- It features a durable 6061 aluminum alloy frame that weighs 70lbs and is capable of carrying a total weight of 320lbs.
- The heavy duty design allows you to use the front and rear basket to carry groceries and supplies with ease.
- The battery pack is a removable component that can be recharged in the convenience of your home. There’s also a LED headlight for night rides and a LCD display that provides you with the battery life, the speed you’re traveling at and the mileage.
|Capable of carrying weights of up to 320lbs||Display and electronics could have been designed better|
|High-performance 500W motor and 48V battery||Expensive to buy|
|Stable and Safe to use, body is made from durable 6061 aluminum alloy|
Bintelli Trio Electric Tricycle
The Bintelli trio is an electric trike that is best suited for urban tourists and commuters alike. It’s made from high-quality aluminum alloy allowing it to carry weights of up to 300lbs at a time. It’s the first electric trike from Bintelli and is made for stability and ease of use. This trike comes with Bintelli’s turn assist allowing you to maneuver the trike easily.
- The Bintelli trike features a step-through chassis allowing you to easily mount and dismount it. It comes with a large comfortable seat for long rides and does not come with a backrest.
- It comes equipped with disc brakes for both rear wheels making it easy to stop the trike.
- There’s a large 500W motor that is capable of propelling the trike at speeds up to 20 miles per hour and can take you for about 30 miles before having to recharge the battery. It even comes with fenders on all wheels, LED head and tail lights and a water bottle carrier.
|Step-through aluminum frame||Seat does not have a backrest|
|Includes fenders, lights and water bottle carrier||The front and rear basket come with wire-tops.|
|Dual disc brakes for the rear wheels|
How To Pick the Best Electric Tricycle
There are a few things you will have to look at before buying an electric trike, these are:
- Storage Space – First, you’d have to plan how you’re going to use the trike, is it for your day-to-day activities, commute to work, for leisure or to carry your pet along with you. Now that you’ve planned what you’re going to use it for, you need to figure out if you’re going to require lots of storage space or the bare minimum. You will have to keep in mind that if you’re going to use the trike for deliveries or grocery shopping then you’d need one that has the right amount of space, preferably a large basket or one that comes with more than one basket.
- Motor – The kind of motor used in an electric tricycle will determine your top speed. Many electric trikes that you can buy online are fitted with a 200-250W brushless motor making them more efficient than brushed motors. These motors are capable of reaching top speeds of about 15-25 kilometers per hour or on average, approximately 16 mile per hour.
- Battery – This is by far the most important thing to consider before buying an electric tricycle for yourself. Thanks to the positioning of the battery on most trikes, manufacturers have been able to use larger capacity batteries allowing you to ride for longer on a single charge. Deciding on whether you’re going to use the trike in full-electric mode or pedal assist will have a direct impact on the size of the battery you need for your daily use.
- Display – Electric Tricycles that are fitted with LCD screens offer handy information such as your travel speed, battery usage, remaining battery life and overall distance covered. A display on your Trike is beneficial for monitoring your daily riding stats but is not something that’s necessary. So, this will depend on your personal preference.
Electric trikes are considered to be an excellent option for commuting and getting around town thanks to its ability to combine an electric motor alongside traditional pedaling.
Though the best electric tricycle for you solely depends upon your needs, I feel that the best electric tricycle in the market is the Addmotor Motan Electric Trike. This trike is fully equipped with a complete front suspension setup and comes with a spring loaded seat for a comfortable seated experience.
Overall, I felt that though this trike is a bit expensive it has everything you’d probably need for your daily commute. It clearly is one of the best electric trikes in the market today. Which do you prefer?