Ever wanted to drive as a kid, while you make missed the chance to be and feel like a true racer as a kid, you don’t want to let your kids pass on that dream. Your kids can now feel like a racer too, with the Best kids’ electric cars on the market.
These are safe, fun and feature-loaded machines that are excellent value and offer tons of fun for your kids.
These electric cars are great for a variety of uses and they will also help your kids develop. Driving improves hand-eye coordination, awareness and gives your kids a sense of responsibility.
I have chosen some of the best electric cars for kids in the market right now. Your kids will be delighted to own any one of these as they are all excellent options.
- Costzon Ride on Truck – Mercedes Benz
- Best Choice Products Ride On 12V Car Truck
- Uenjoy 12V Electric Lamborghini
- Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
- Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12 V Ride On
- Power Wheels Dune Racer
Recommended Read: Is Electric Car Charging Free
What to look for in the best kids’ electric cars?
If this is your first time buying an electric car for your kid, then there are a couple of things to note so that they have a great time but remain safe as well. Here are some of the most important things to look for when buying a kid’s electric car.
- Safety – Ensure that the car has safety features such as a seat belt, a decent suspension system and high-quality brakes. These will enable your kid to drive around but be safe while doing so.
- Remote Control – While not every electric car comes equipped with a remote control, it’s definitely good to opt for one with a wireless controller simply because you can remotely navigate or adjust the speed of the car and in return keep your child safe.
- Speed – It’s good to note that the average speed of a kid’s electric car varies between 3-5mph and while this does not seem like much to adults, it’s actually enough for your kid to get hurt if they meet with an accident or fall off the car.
- Design – Electric cars are available in a range of designs to match realistic looking cars of today. You can find anything from a regular truck to a kids electric car designed like a Lamborghini. Ensure you find one that will sit well with you child and that they can be proud of driving.
- Material – Electric cars are normally made from high-end plastic like ABS with some steel components to heighten its durability. Try and refrain from buying an electric car made from low-quality materials as that can have an effect on your kids well being.
- Extra Features – You can also consider buying an electric car for your kid that has some cool features like working windows, a functional horn and lights, and even a music player.
Top 6 Best Kids’ Electric Cars
Costzon Ride on Truck – Mercedes Benz
The Coztzon Ride on Truck is an authorized Mercedes Benz Actros with trailer that you can get for your child under $400. It’s a rather fancy electric truck that’s equipped with 2 motors along with a hi speed/low speed lever, fully functional lights and a built-in music player.
- This electric vehicle for kids comes equipped with a 2.4GHz remote control that parents can use to control the truck. It even offers 3 speed levels that you can choose from.
- It’s equipped with state of the art wear resistant wheels that allow kids to safely drive across any type of terrain. The wheels of the trailer are the same and are perfect for any surface.
- The Benz Costzon Ride on Truck runs for an average of about 2 hours on a single charge which is reasonably good. Your kid will definitely enjoy learning to drive with the Costzon, no doubts.
|Great safety features to keep kids safe||Expensive|
|2 hours battery life|
|Tires are wear resistant|
|Equipped with 3 variable speeds|
Best Choice Products Ride On 12V Car Truck
Best Choice Products Ride On 12V Car Truck is one of the more affordable models in this list makes it an attractive buy. It still offers tons of fun. The Ride On Car Truck is designed for both on-road and off-road use with its 14-inch large, durable wheels.
- It can support only the rider but it has one of the best seats for comfortable long rides. And it comes with a seat-belt for safety too. There are no doors so that kids can get in and out easily, there are metal railings for safety though.
- Something that sets it apart from other electric cars for kids is that it features a modern dashboard.
- The steering wheel looks and feels great and the Ride On Car Truck also offer music playback through an Aux port. Your kids can plug in a device of the choice and blast music as the cruise around your neighborhood.
- The Ride On Car Truck also offers variety in the color department with up to 5 choices. It also offers 3 driving modes compared to 2 found in most of its competition.
- With parental controls for safety, you can change the driving modes that you deem best for your kids. With a slightly low max speed of 3.7 mph, the performance may seem to be lacking, but the Ride On Car Truck makes up for it in all categories and makes it one of the best electric scooters you can buy for kids.
- It offers the best of all worlds, with excellent comfort, safety and performance over varied terrains.
|Looks and feels premium with a variety of colors to choose from.||Can’t accommodate another passenger.|
|Features an excellent Dashboard with a speaker system.|
|Can be controlled by the kid driving or by remote.|
|Safe and comfortable with seatbelts and cushioned seats and a working suspension system.|
|Built-in LED lights.|
|Easy to assemble.|
Uenjoy 12V Electric Lamborghini
The Uenjoy Electric Lamborghini Aventador is one of the most stunning looking electric cars for kids. The detail and effort put into the design pays off as it looks like Lamborghini themselves made a kid’s version.
- Along with the excellent design, the Uenjoy Lamborghini Aventador also boasts top tier performance and features.
- With speeds of 2 mph or 4 mph, and a reverse gear, it is versatile and fast. It also features a music system with Bluetooth connectivity and a working windshield.
- The Uenjoy Lamborghini can also fit two kids for twice the fun and enjoyment. The remote-control support allows parents to help kids when learning.
- And all this comes at one of the most affordable prices, it is truly one of the best electric cars for kids and is an absolute steal.
|Looks and feels fantastic like a real Lamborghini.||Not suitable for rough terrains.|
|Powerful with a working gear shifter.||Only one seat belt available.|
|Remote control support for safety.|
|Can accommodate two kids for better-shared experiences.|
|Offers great value for money at an affordable price.|
Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
If your kid is more down to earth with an interest in nature and farming, look no further than the Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer. This is a one of its kind electric vehicle for kids that make kids feel like a real farmer.
- One of the most well-built electric cars on this list, it is great for on-road and especially off-road uses. It also features a trailer which great for carrying the agricultural load for your budding farmer.
- With a total load capacity of 85 pounds, it can easily plough through any terrain with your kid and his farming resources.
- With 2 speed modes of either 2.5 mph or the more adventurous 4.5 mph, you can ensure safety for your child or provide them with all the power in the world he can ask for.
- A fully functional entertainment system also makes it a complete package.
|One of a kind tractor design.||Hard to replace the battery|
|Built to last with sturdy wheels.||No remote control|
|Trailer for carrying things around.|
|Two-speed modes with an additional reverse gear too.|
|Comfortable padded seats with seatbelts for safety.|
|Functional FM radio and sound system.|
Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12 V Ride On
The costliest on this list of best electric cars for kids is also the most sophisticated and powerful one. The Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride On is all your kid can ever ask for.
- With a powerful 12V battery ensuring long driving hours. The immaculate attention to design and detail also makes this one of the best-looking electric cars for kids.
- This attention to detail carries on to the interiors as well. The dashboard is fully kitted with an FM radio, music system, LED light system and a working horn. With a maximum carrying capacity of 130 lbs., it can carry an extra passenger too.
- The Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT also features sound effects for added realism and to offer the best possible experience for kids.
- And the rubber traction tires make the Dodge Viper SRT can get around easily be it on-road or off-road.
|Powerful and strong with 130 lbs. carrying capacity||Expensive.|
|Passenger seat and seatbelts for twice the fun and safety.||No remote control|
|Designed with attention to detail and built to last long.|
|Functional doors and well-designed interiors.|
|Feature loaded with FM radio, music system, a horn and LED lights.|
Power Wheels Dune Racer
The Power heels Dune Racer is one of the best electric cars for kids for its versatility and practical approach. It can tread on and off-road which makes it versatile. The Dune Racer is spacious offering space for a fellow passenger. This doubles the fun for your kids.
- There are no side doors which make it convenient to get in and get out. you don’t have to be worried about your kids accidentally falling out, because it comes with seatbelts for both the driver and the passenger.
- The wheels are sturdy and strong enough to travel over grass, gravel and even small obstacles. This gives a variety and freedom to kids and increases possibilities.
- The Dune Racer is also equipped with a powerful motor, it can do up to 5 mph. There are two modes, one that limits the top speed to 2.5 mph and the other lets the kids zip at the full 5 mph top speed.
- The Dune Racer even comes with a reverse gear that only makes it more versatile. The Dune Racer can support kids from 3-9 years old, thanks to the generous legroom in it.
- The only downside I could think of for the Dune Racer is the lack of seat padding but you can get cheap seat pad and improve comfort while driving.
- The Power Wheels Dune Racer is a true off-road vehicle and is no slouch on-road as well.
|Big 12V battery offering hours of driving time.||No seat cushioning which can make it uneasy for kids after a while.|
|Sturdy, durable wheels suited for on-road as well as off-road.|
|Metal sidebars for support|
|Supports driver and a passenger with seatbelts for safety.|
|Feature loaded with FM radio, music system, a horn and LED lights.|
What age are kid’s electric cars for?
Electric cars for kids are designed specifically for kids between the age of 1-10. This depends on the make and model of the car, so make sure you check the packaging and find out what age-group it’s ideal for.
Are there any safety features on electric cars for kids?
Kids’ electric cars come equipped with different safety features that keep your child away from disaster. Seat belts, spring suspensions, powerful brakes and even remote control systems can keep your kid safe while they drive around the backyard.
What is the best power wheels car for kids?
The best power wheels car for kids is the Dune racer. It’s one of the few cars that can drive over any surface and comes equipped with all your kid needs to drive safely and responsibly.
Electric cars for kids are extremely popular now and rightly so as they offer some of the best experiences for your kids. They are powerful, versatile and practical toys that will help your kids develop and have fun at the same time.
Finding a good electric car for your kids can be a hard thing because of all the option in the market, but the above list features some of the best electric cars for kids and you won’t go wrong choosing any of them for your kids.
Both you and your kids will be delighted with them.